In summer 2017, FSP opened a new, modern surface treatment facility in Raahe. The unit has 3000 m2 (32,300 sq. ft.) of office and production space with three painting chambers that can be heated up. The surface treatment facility has had an excellent start. Work is carried out at our own facility as well as in customer locations. Customers in Raahe area have demands beyond just concrete surface treatment.
– We are working hard and with great attitude here in FSP’s northernmost unit, says Joni Siironen, Business Unit Manager at FSP Raahe surface treatment facility.
This is his second employment with FSP and he knows well, what brought him back.
– Working at FSP is quick paced and very varied. Our customer-oriented approach and FSP’s cross-functional working community make this work enjoyable.
EFFICIENCY AND QUALITY
In addition to surface treatment, Joni Siironen has work experience from industrial maintenance and various installation tasks – from execution to managing and leading entire projects. His broad expertise helps in everyday surface treatment operations and their development.
– We promise our customers efficiency and high quality, and these are the things we are constantly developing, Siironen says. – It is crucial to have thorough knowledge of different painting options and to continuously develop our production.
Siironen thinks that FSP is a well-known operator in Raahe area.
EVERY WORK IS SPECIAL
Employees of FSP Raahe work at our own facility but also in customer locations.
– Some of our work is project-based. We also have long-term contracts on painting services with many customers, Siironen says.
Last summer’s on-site projects included sand blasting and maintenance painting for SSAB. Each project is planned separately.
– Just a while ago we suggested a different working method for a customer that required less protection than expected, saving both time and money, Siironen says.
– For example, spray painting can sometimes be changed to another method, which usually requires less protection of the work piece.
With such customer-tailored solutions, we not only compare different surface treatment methods but assess the cost-efficiency of the entire process as well as practices in different project phases.
DEMAND FOR EXPERT SERVICES
All in all, there is plenty of work in the Raahe area. Companies are also more and more interested in FSP’s expert services, on top of surface treatment.
– We have been discussing inspections and training cooperation for example, Siironen says. – I will go into more detail once we have something concrete to tell.