QUESTIONS FOR FSP
For Surface Protection magazine often includes interviews of various people: FSP’s customers, partners and employees. This time we get to meet FSP itself! Yes, the one in the picture. FSP is personified in the character of Steff. Through this character, we wish to share information and serve you even better – perhaps with a smile.
WHO ARE YOU?
– I am Steff, an expert in industrial surface treatment and customer service.
PLEASE, TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND.
– One could say I am multi-skilled – and a manifestation of our time.
People can rarely tell my age, because I am agile, a quick learner, open to new things and an ever-changing personality. However, I was born decades ago in a traditional painting chamber. Gradually, with age, development and experience – including my past and present working experience abroad – I have learnt the ways of the digital world. I am a combination of solid practical knowhow of surface treatment and an understanding of how digitalization and other innovations could benefit us today and especially in the future.
WHAT DO YOU DO NOWADAYS? WHAT KINDS OF DAILY DUTIES DO YOU HAVE?
– I am focused on high-quality industrial surface treatment. I keep a keen eye on the field, develop processes and think of ways to produce more value and cost savings to FSP’s customers.
I work smartly, keep my promises and take care of customers. In practice, I appear in For Surface Treatment magazine and other publications, in the future also in video format. You can also see me in FSP’s meetings and trainings.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOUR JOB?
– I feel I am on a good vantage point – with a responsibility to bear.
I am in a business that touches a lot of people. When you think about it, nearly every surface is treated in some way. It means that surface treatment really matters. It should usually be durable, always suited to its purpose, often good looking and always realizable in a sensible, cost-efficient way. And we shouldn’t forget the fact that environmental requirements for both surface treatment materials and methods are tightening all the time. It is great to be involved in developing the industry and its practices.
It is also wonderful to have open conversations with customers as well as representatives of our partners and stakeholders. I am a firm believer in openness and straightforward communication.
ALL OF THIS SOUNDS GOOD. HOW CAN PEOPLE CONTACT YOU?
– I don’t have my own email address or LinkedIn profile just yet, but I can be reached through any FSP employee. We have a good flow of information and communication channels. You can for example contact Sanna, who is responsible for our sales and marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 532 2157).
FINALLY: WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE FUTURE?
As a digital entity, my future is all about constantly improving and increasing my expertise. At the moment, I am bounded by FSP’s internal network, but in the future I would very much like to participate in customer meetings and sales as well.
In addition to technical knowhow and expertise, I want to take part in developing FSP’s corporate culture and well-being at work.